Additional Support for Learning
ASN Information Leaflets (Updated January 2014)
The Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act 2009 came into force on 14 November 2010. This legislation not only broadened the definition of additional support needs but provided parents with the right to make placing requests for a child or young person to attend a school in a neighbouring authority. It also developed the concept of involving the child or young person in decisions and ensuring that communication and information sharing was also enhanced.
It was a requirement of both the 2004 and 2009 Acts that a range of information should be published by the Authority and that all such information should be summarised and made available. Therefore, in response to this legal requirement please find the six information leaflets below:-
- Summary Information (PDF)
- Provision for Additional Support Needs (ASN) in Moray (PDF)
- Identifying Children and Young People with Additional Support Needs (ASN) (PDF)
- Assessing and Re-Assessing Pupils' Additional Support Needs (ASN) (PDF)
- The Roles of Parents of Children and Young People with Additional Supports Needs (ASN) (PDF)
- Providing Mediation and Resolving Disputes (PDF)
For further information you can contact the Inclusion Manager on the general enquiries line (01343 563374) or email email@example.com.
Useful Internet Links:
- Contact a family - is an organisation for parents or carers and gives help and advice on feeding, speech, coordination, teeth, toilet training, learning, behaviour and sleep
- CHILDREN 1st - supports families under stress, protects children from harm and neglect, helps children recover from abuse, promotes children's rights and interests
- Children in Scotland - is the national agency for voluntary, statutory and professional organisations and individuals working with children and their families in Scotland
- Disability Rights Commission - a society where all disabled people can participate fully as equal citizens
- Enquire - The Scottish Advice Service for Additional Support for Learning Website. Telephone 0845 123 2303
- Govan Law Centre - an independent, charitable community controlled law centre operating in Scotland
- Parentzone - for information on education in Scotland and advice on supporting children's learning
- The Scottish Executive (Additional Support Needs page)
- Scottish Traveller Education Programme (STEP) - to develop and support inclusive educational approaches for Gypsies and Travellers
- Talking Point - online information on communication development and disability for parents and professionals
- Tolerance - tackles issues relating to equality and diversity - full of resources and ideas for parents and those working with children and young people.
Additional Support For Learning