You can report antisocial behaviour online at any time of the day, quickly and easily. Alternatively, you can call 0300 1234561 during office hours. Please note that these are reporting lines only and will not result in the immediate attendance of a Community Warden. If your complaint is of a more serious nature, please call the non-emergency Police Scotland number 101.
Community Safety Partnership
The Community Safety Partnership is committed to addressing antisocial behaviour within Moray. The Antisocial Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004 gives us powers to implement various measures when dealing with antisocial behaviour and the Partnership has strategic responsibility for implementing the drive against antisocial behaviour. This is achieved and monitored under the direction Community Safety Strategic Group and the operational Community Safety Hub
Legislation, Powers and Measures
- Antisocial Behaviour Orders (ASBO) extended to include juveniles between 12 and 15 years, in addition to the statutory power of arrest for breach of an ASBO.
- Acceptable Behaviour Contract a voluntary process where support is offered in exchange for a change of behaviour.
- Restriction of Liberty Orders has been extended to cover juveniles between 12 and 15 years.
- Dispersal of Groups of two or more people from designated areas where their antisocial behaviour is significant, persistent and serious.
- Fixed Penalty Notices for fly tipping, litter and dog fouling - the power to issue notices enables us to deal directly with these types of antisocial behaviour. Our community wardens have been granted this authority.
- Removal of graffiti and illegal dumping with the introduction of powers of entry and seizure, the power to issue fixed penalties and a prohibition on selling spray paint to under 16s.
- Closure of premises associated with persistent and serious disorder or serious nuisance.