Books for Babies
What is Bookbug?
Moray's Libraries Service together with local Health Visitors are delighted to introduce you to the pleasures of sharing a book with your baby.
When you take your baby to his or her 7 month health visit, you will be given a Bookbug bag with details about the library and ideas for reading and storytelling.
- It's never too early to start sharing books with your child. Even though they may not understand the words they love hearing your voice.
- Children who have been given books and stories from an early age learn to read more quickly at school.
- Books are fun for babies - and their parents.
Did You Know That...?
- Babies are welcome at all libraries in Moray.
- All libraries have books suitable for young babies.
- There are board books and picture books.
- Babies can join the library from the day they are born.
- If your baby makes a noise or cries in the library.
- If a book is accidentally damaged.
- It's FREE to join the library.
- Children and young people under 16 do not pay fines for overdue books.
- Your baby can borrow 16 books from the library for up to 28 days.
- There are also stories on cassette and CD and DVDs for your baby to borrow.