Council Garages and Garage Sites
Anyone can apply for a council garage or garage site online, but we prioritise allocation of these because of high demand and low turnover in many areas of Moray.
First priority: council tenants and members of their household who do not already have a garage or garage site.
Second priority: non-council tenants who do not already have a garage or garage site.
Third priority: council tenants and members of their households who already have one garage or site.
Fourth priority: non-council tenants who already have one garage or garage site.
If you are offered a lease on a garage, you are responsible for insuring its contents. Rent for garages is charged quarterly while garage site rent is charged annually.
- Allocations within a priority group will be made in date order, with oldest applications first
- Before moving from one priority group to another, the higher group must be exhausted
- Any garage or site must only be used for keeping a motor vehicle. We will ask you for proof of vehicle ownership before you sign the lease
- Sub-letting is not permitted
- Applicants who have a debt to the council will not be allocated a garage or site until the debt is cleared
- Garage rents are charged quarterly (Jan 1, April 1, July 1 and Oct 1). Payment can be made using a barcoded payment card at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet, standing order, direct debit, or using the automated telephone system
- Garage site rent is charged annually. Barcoded notification letters are sent to tenants around April 1 each year. Payment can be made using the barcode provided at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet, or by using the automated telephone system.
Council Garages and Garage Sites in Moray
As at 7 May 2019
|Area Team||Town||Garages||Garage Sites|
Housing and Property