Aftercare Service - Supported Lodgings
Information for people interested in providing Supported Lodgings
Who can apply?
A caring person who:
- Lives in Moray?
- Enjoys the company of young people?
- Has a spare bedroom?
- Has some spare time?
- Wants to help young people?
If you are, then you could be just the person for the job!
You can be married or single, working or not – there is no set requirements as each applicant will be assessed on an individual basis.
You should call the number at the side of the page and more information will be given for you to consider. If you are still keen after this, then you will undergo an assessment. This can take some time, but is an important part of the process, as it will give you more of an insight into the requirements.
Placements can last from 3 months to 2 years and will vary with each young person. You will help the young person develop skills they will need for lifelong living, and this will be done alongside their worker from the Throughcare/Aftercare team.
You will get support and guidance from the Supported Lodgings Link Worker, who will meet with you regularly to ensure that all is going well.
You will also receive a weekly placement allowance.
Before a young person is placed with you, there will be a meeting where a placement agreement is drawn up. This sets out the general house rules and everyone at the meeting will negotiate these. There are also regular updates of the young person’s progress, usually held every 6 weeks.
Comments from young people and Supported Lodgings Providers
- ‘The reward of offering Supported Lodgings Placements, is when you see the young people develop and then move on’ (Supported Lodgings Provider)
- ‘My Supported Lodgings Provider was understanding, patient, friendly, easy to talk to, caring, available and helpful.’ (Young Person)
- Supported Lodgings gave me the time to build up my confidence.’(Young Person)
- ‘My Supported Lodgings Provider helped me move onto my own place.’ (Young Person)
If you would like more information, please call the number on the side of the page and the Supported Lodgings Link Worker will arrange to phone or visit you.
Supported Lodgings Project
PO Box 6770