Scottish Housing Quality Standard (SHQS)
In order for our properties to meet the Scottish Housing Quality Standard (SHQS), they must:
- be compliant with the Tolerable Standard;
- be free from serious disrepair;
- be energy efficient (this has been superseded by the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing (EESSH));
- have modern facilities and services; and
- be healthy, safe and secure.
A small number of our properties do not meet the SHQS. Some are classed as exemptions (such as hard to treat properties or those that are off the gas grid) and others are classed as abeyances (social reasons, for example a tenant refusing access).
During 2022/23, 4216 of our 6,342 properties did not meet the Scottish Housing Quality Standard due to their energy efficiency ratings. These properties will be included in a future works programme.
Housing and Property