What is Dialogue Youth?
Dialogue Youth is an initiative aimed at young people between the ages of 11 and 25 across Scotland. The initiative is funded by the Scottish Government and local authorities and is part of the wider modernising government programme.
It aims to:
- Promote joined-up service delivery
- Use new technology to make information accessible
- Promote citizenship
- Promote social inclusion
- Promote the wider benefits of Young Scot
- Put young people at the centre of decision making
The Dialogue Youth Unit provides support to young people, Moray Council and the Community Planning Partners to achieve these aims. The Unit comprises a Co-ordinator and 2.5 worker posts and is based in the Chief Executives Department.
Back to top
How Young People can get involved
The Dialogue Youth Unit are looking for young people to become involved in all aspects of the initiative – we need people to write articles/features for the Portal and become members of the ‘Hack Pack’ and also to become part of a Discounters Group, negotiating Young Scot discounts in their local shops. Training is provided! Occasional surveys will also be posted on the local pages of the Portal asking about issues that affect young people. We are developing virtual forums, podcasting and SMS.
Back to top
What this means for Moray
- Commitment to delivering an Access Moray Card/National Entitlement card to all secondary pupils, linked to existing services for example cashless catering and to developing new services. The card can be used as a proof of age card, allows access to a variety of discounts and, out of school times, to concessionary travel into Elgin. We are promoting the card to non school young people up to the age of 26
- Commitment to involving young people in the development and maintenance of the local portal pages and to ensure that the information is relevant to their needs
- Commitment to consult young people regarding the delivery and quality of services that affect them and to link this to a Youth Strategy
- Commitment to involve the Community Planning Partners in the DY initiative and to further the principle that young people have the right to be heard
- Commitment to the development of a Youth Strategy and the promotion of integrated children and young people’s services
- Commitment to working in partnership
- Commitment to supporting and developing existing participation channels so that there is a platform for discussion and debate and linking these to a Moray wide Youth Council as part of a comprehensive Youth Participation Framework
- Commitment to the Scottish Youth Parliament and to the election and support of Moray's two representatives
To view the local pages go to http://www.youngscot.org/local/moray
Dialogue Youth Co-ordinator
Tel: 01343 563319
Back to top