If you intend carrying out any works on a public road, footpath/footway or verge, there are a number of activities, which will require you to apply for permission.
Depending on the type of work you intend to undertake, please use the appropriate link(s) below to check the Transportation Section’s requirements.
- Road Openings - Including Dropped Kerbs, Utility Connections, Lay Bys and New Access Roads
- Road Occupations - Including Scaffolding, Hoardings, Building Materials, Containers, Cranes & Cherry Pickers
- Road Occupations - Skips
- Temporary Restrictions - Including Road Closures, One-Way Systems, Prohibitions of Waiting, Weight Limits & Speed Limits
- Temporary Traffic Lights
- Parking in a Pedestrianised Area in Elgin - Includes the Pedestrianised Areas of High Street & Batchen Street and the Restricted Areas of Commerce Street, Thunderton Place & Batchen Lane
- Footway Signage – Includes signs for Community/Charity Events
- Verge Signage - Includes signs for Community/Charity Events