Making a Planning Application

Online applications can be submitted, or you can download and print forms from our eplanning website. Please ensure that you read the associated online guidance for your chosen application form before submitting the application.

What Information is Required?

The level of information required will vary and depend on the size and complexity of the proposal.

Most applications that are submitted are called a 'local' application which only require the minimum amount of information and plans.

However if your application falls within the definition of a 'National or 'Major' development, statutory pre-application consultation will be required to be carried out before submitting an application. Find out more major pre-application advice.

National and Major applications need to be accompanied by a Design and Access Statement. A Design Statement will be require to accompany an application where the land the application relates is within:

  • a Conservation Area
  • a historic garden or design landscape
  • a National Scenic Area
  • the site of a scheduled monument
  • the curtilage of a category A-listed building

The level of information specified in this guidance note for each type of application will be required to enable the application to be validated together with the correct application form, ownership certificate, plans and fee (PDF).

Contact Us

Development Management
Environmental Services
The Moray Council
PO Box 6760, Elgin
IV30 9BX

0300 1234561

Rate this Page