Kinship Care

Kinship care is when you care for a child that is family or a close friend. A Children's Hearing or court order may place a ‘looked after’ child in formal kinship care.

If we place a child with you, you are required to undertake certain checks and an assessment of your ability to meet the child’s needs. We can also provide ongoing support and training.

Kinship carers can claim child benefit and may be able to claim other benefits depending on circumstances. Kinship Care Advisory Service Scotland can provide more information.

Please contact us if you would like to discuss an application for Kinship Care.

Contact Us

Kinship Care Social Worker
Rose Cottage
PO Box 6770
IV30 1BX

01343 563568

Rate this Page