Health and Well Being
Looking after your health and getting the most from life
- Know Who To Turn To
- Going into Hospital
- Home from Hospital
- GPs, Dentists, Pharmacies - location maps
- Health Conditions and Services
- Mental Health
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Healthy Living
NHS Grampian has created a website to help you get the right medical assistance when you're ill, injured or have a long term condition.
Going directly to the person with the appropriate skills is important. This can help you to a speedier recovery and makes sure all NHS services are run efficiently.
A handy booklet is available to help you ‘know who to turn to’ when you're ill, injured or have a long term condition. You can pick one up from your local GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Alternatively you can download the booklet from this website following the link to documents in the Document slot on this page.
Going into hospital can be a worrying time. To help you prepare, NHS Grampian provides information for inpatients, outpatients and visitors on what to pack, parking, what to expect on arrival at the hospital and on the ward.
- NHS Grampian Dr Gray's Hospital, Elgin
If you have been in hospital, perhaps because you have had an operation or you have had a period of poor health, you may need some temporary help when it is time to return home.
This could be practical help with getting in and out of bed, washing or dressing, or preparing a hot meal until you are back on your feet.
Health Professionals - GPs, Dentists, Pharmacies
- Go to our Find My Nearest for your nearest GP, Dentists, Pharmacies and Hospitals
How to find information about local healthcare services and medical conditions
- NHS Choices - Information from the National Health Service on conditions, treatments, local services and healthy living
- NHS24.scot - Comprehensive up-to-date health information and self care advice
- The Oaks - The Oaks is a purpose-built unit aimed at the provision of specialist care for individuals living in Moray and who have a cancer or other progressive illnesses.
Find out what help and support is available if you are struggling to cope with dementia or are caring for someone with dementia
Your mental health and wellbeing is just as important as your physical health and wellbeing. One in four of us will have difficulties with our mental wellbeing at some point in our lives.
Useful information about the advice and support available in Moray for drug and alcohol users and the families and carers of drug and alcohol users.
There are numerous websites offering health and well being information. Your local library is also a source of health-related information. The nearest NHS Grampian Healthpoint is at Dr Gray's Hospital, Elgin
Access Care Team