The Common Housing Register (CHR) - apply4homes

How do I apply?

To apply, you will need to register on the apply4homes website  If you do not have access to the internet, you can visit your local library or any of the partners' offices.  If you need help to apply, please phone us on 0300 123 4566 or contact any of our partners.

The apply4homes website will only collect your information.  It does not make any assessment of your housing need - this will be assessed by each partner's Allocations Policy (which you can find on the apply4homes website).

What is the Common Housing Register (CHR)?

We and our partners have developed a Common Housing Register (CHR) called 'apply4homes'.  This means you can make a single application for social housing in Aberdeenshire and Moray to any of the partners.

Who are the apply4homes partners?

This is a list of all the partners:

  • The Moray Council
  • Aberdeenshire Council
  • Aberdeenshire Housing Partnership
  • Grampian Housing Association
  • Homehunt (Castlehill Housing Association)
  • Langstane Housing Association
  • Hanover Housing (Scotland) Association
  • Moray Housing Partnership
  • Tenants First (Sanctuary Housing)

What if I applied for housing with you before 4th May 2012?

If you applied before the apply4homes system was introduced (we stopped accepting paper application forms on 4th May 2012) then your basic details have been uploaded to the apply4homes website.  We sent you a letter asking you to go online and update your application.

How long will my application be active for?

Unless you accept an offer of accommodation from one of the partners, your application will be active for 12 months from when you first apply or make any changes to your application on the apply4homes website.

What should I do if my circumstances change?

Updating your application because you forgot to tell us something or your situation changes
It is very important that you give up-to-date and correct information when applying.  If you are not sure whether a piece of information about your circumstances is important then we will be happy to give advice.  In any case, it is better to include too much information on your application than too little, perhaps missing out on valuable points as a result.  It is important that your application reflects your circumstances, some of which may be of a personal nature, but all applicants can be assured of confidentiality.

If you remember something you forgot to put on your application after you have submitted it, or if your circumstances change as time goes by, you must update your details online at, as soon as possible.  After your application can be amended and the points total adjusted accordingly

If any of your circumstances change, you should update your application on the apply4homes website  If you need help to do this phone us on 0300 123 4566.

How many offers will I be given?

We will make two reasonable offers of accommodation.  The second offer is only made after a reasonable refusal of the first, and so on.  We will write to you giving details of the property we are offering, when you can view it and how long you will have to make up your mind.  If you accept the offer, your tenancy will normally start as soon as the property is ready for you to move into.  Rent is payable, weekly or monthly, in advance from the date the tenancy starts.

You have the right to refuse any offer of accommodation.  If you do, you will be given the chance to review your preferences and options and will be given a realistic overview of their housing options.  If you refuse two reasonable offers within a period of one year, no further offers of accommodation will be made for a period of six months from the date of the last offer.  If you are thinking of refusing an offer of accommodation, you should discuss your reasons with the area housing officer who deals with the area the property is in before making a final decision.  This is because it may be some time before we can make another offer to you.

How long will my name stay on the list?

Unless you accept an offer of accommodation from one of the apply4homes partners, your name will stay on the list for 12 months from when you first applied or from when you make any changes to your application on the apply4homes website.  

If there have been no changes made to your application for 12 months and you do not respond to a reminder letter then your name will be removed from the list.  However, you can reapply at any time.

Do I have any other housing options?

Remember that not all social landlords in Moray and Aberdeenshire are part of the apply4homes scheme.  You will need to apply to them separately.

You can find out more about other housing options, such as the private rented sector and low cost home ownership in our Guide to Housing Options in Moray

Contact Us

Housing and Property


Rate this Page