1. In conducting its audit of the preparedness of schools in in your Local Authority area to implement the new national exams, has Education Scotland been in direct contact with department heads and classroom teachers or solely with your director of education?
2. How many classroom teachers in total have been contacted as part of the audit and how many in each school?
3. Were specific subject teachers or heads of department contacted as part of the audit, and which ones?
4. What methodology is being applied to collating the information, for example by phone, email, survey or face to face?
1. Audit undertaken through the Director of Education.
2. This was left up to individual schools and the Head Teachers and Principal Teachers within the schools.
3. All heads of subject departments were involved by their Head Teachers in this process unless they were absent from school due to ill-health during the time of the audit.
4. Schools collected their information in different ways, e.g. meetings, requests to Principal Teachers, etc. This was then sent to an officer of the authority who liaised with Education Scotland.