FOI Request - Road Maintenance Budget
1. What was Council's budget for road maintenance, from 2008-present?
2. How much of the Council's road maintenance budgets from 2008-present was specifically used to fund repair road surfaces and potholes?
3. How many calls or online forms have been submitted to report potholes or road surface repairs, 2008-present?
4. How much compensation was paid by the Council to members of the public for car repairs due to road surfaces, 2008-present?
5. What was the highest claim made by a motorist in relation to question 3, 2008- present?
6. What was the lowest claim in relation to question 3, 2008-present?
2. This information is also contained within the attached budget summaries (for your information, the only budgets specific to road surface or pothole repairs are the ‘Carriageway Resurfacing’ and ‘Surface Dressing’ lines within the Capital & Revenue budgets, and the ‘H007 Patching flexible roads’ and ‘H008 Temporary repairs to flexible roads’ lines within the Revenue - General Maintenance budget).
3. We have received 2,273 customer requests relating to carriageway defects since 01/04/2008 (or 2,383 since 01/01/2008).
4. A total of £11,322.12 has been paid out from 2008-present by our insurers. Please note this figure includes costs for the third party property, third party injury, third party solicitors costs, our own solicitors costs etc.
5. We are unable to provide an answer as records are not kept of the amount the motorist is claiming for. This information is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
6. We are unable to provide an answer as records are not kept of the amount the motorist is claiming for. This information is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.