In accordance with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) the council produces and maintains a publication scheme, which covers:
- the classes of information that we make routinely available; and
- how to access the information and what it might cost.
Access to the Publication Scheme
You can see this scheme on our website at www.moray.gov.uk/publicationscheme or by contacting us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Advice and Assistance:
If you have any difficulty identifying the information you want to access, then please contact our Information Co-ordinator using the details at the bottom of this page.
For other ways of contacting us please go to Contact Details.
Guide to Information
In adopting the Single Model Scheme, The Moray Council has produced a Guide to Information which:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class as identified by the Information Commissioner.
- state what charges may be applied.
- explain how you can find the information easily.
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information.
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published.
The Classes of Information that we Publish
We publish information that we hold within the classes. Once information is published under a class we will continue to make it available for the current and previous two financial years.
Where information has been updated or superseded, only the current version will be available. If you would like to see previous versions, you may make a request to us for that information.
The authority is required to publish the information it holds which falls within the classes of the Model Publication Scheme 2013. If the authority does not hold information within a class we will indicate this below the class description.
Where links are provided to web pages, where feasible the links will point to specific documents, relevant pages or sections of the website.
The Moray Council has a charging policy for fees (PDF) , which is approved annually by the Policy committee.