FOI Request - Food Waste Collections
My freedom of information request concerns biodegradable liners for food waste collection, with the methods used to distribute the liners and the collection and treatment of food waste.
(1) Starting date of segregated food waste collection scheme
(2) Number of households from which the Council collects waste (all streams)
(3) Number of households offered food waste collection
(4) Size(s) of kitchen caddies / bins supplied (giving make and model if possible)
(5) Size(s) of street caddies / bins supplied (giving make and model if possible)
(6) Name of the supplier of kitchen caddies / bin liners
(7) Name of the supplier of street caddies / bin liners
(8) Number of liners initially supplied to each household for kitchen caddy
(9) Number of liners initially supplied to each household for street caddy
(10) Method(s) of distribution of top up liners to households
(11) Number of households supplied with top-up liners
(12) Number of liners supplied for each top-up (zero if liners only supplied for start-up )
(13) Number of kitchen caddy liners purchased (per budget year) for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
(14) Number of street caddy liners purchased (per budget year) for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
(15) How is food waste collected
(16) Are liners certified and marked compostable - or made from PE
(17) Type(s) of facility used to treat food waste (e.g. IVC or AD)
(18) Certification of product (e.g. PAS 100 or 110)
(19) Post Code(s) of Treatment Plant(s)
(20) End use(s) of treated food waste
(21) Contamination levels recorded /reported at gate (and where this went)
(22) Contamination levels recorded/reported after treatment (and where this went)
(23) Number of Procurements/Orders completed
(24) Number of Procurements/Orders through Scotland Excel Framework 05/10
(25) Cost of provision of food waste caddy / bin liners (per budget year) for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
(26) Funding supplied for liners through ZWS Food Waste Programme for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
(27) Whether the Council has reached the 2013 Scottish Government target of 50% of household waste composted or recycled
(1) 1st phase August 2011.
(2) 44,212 households.
(3) 44,212 households.
(4) 7 Litre.
(5) 23 Litre.
(6) Scotland Excel Framework.
(7) Scotland Excel Framework.
(15) Co-mingled with garden waste.
(18) PAS 100.
(19) AB53 6YH.
(20) Soil conditioner.
(21) Any contamination would be set aside and pro-rated to all users of the privately owned facility. Any contaminant would come back to our landfill.
(22) As question 21.
(25) £54k in 2010/11.