FOI Request - Unauthorised Traveller Sites
(1) The total cost to the council of evicting travellers from unauthorised sites, with a relevant expenditure breakdown of the last three years?
(2) The total cost to the council in tidying up unauthorised travellers sites, with a relevant expenditure breakdown of the last three years?
(3) The current council eviction process in full, including what responsibilities are placed on the local authority?
(4) Who exactly handles the legal side of the eviction process - are private lawyers brought in or are council lawyers used?
(5) A breakdown per year over the past three years of the cost of lawyers.
(6) Are there any measures in place to stop travellers returning to a zone where they have been previously evicted?
(7) How many cases have there been involving travellers returning to sites where previous eviction notices have been served (three year breakdown)?
(1) The Moray Council has not carried out any evictions of unauthorised encampments over the last three years.
(2) The following cost have been associated with the cleaning of Unauthorised Encampments sites over the last 3 years.
2010/11 - £710 2011/12 - £885 2012/13 - £1,147 All costs exclude VAT.
(3) The current Moray Council eviction process is included in the Protocol and Guidelines for the Response to Unauthorised Camping in Moray. This document is available on the Moray Council website.
(4) The legal side of an eviction process is carried by Moray Council Legal Services.
(5) As there have been no evictions over the last three years the cost for legal services is zero.
(6) There have been no evictions of Unauthorised Encampments Moray over the last 3 years.
(7) There have been no evictions of Unauthorised Encampments Moray over the last 3 years.