FOI Request - Bedroom Tax - Enquiry
Could you please send me the answers to the following questions, regarding the 'Bedroom Tax',
1. How many one bedroom properties do Moray Council have available to Let?
2. How many tenants are deemed to be under-occupying, and needing one bed accommodation?
3. How many people are already on the waiting list for one bedroom properties?
1. At 26 June 2013, we currently have 11 empty one bedroom properties classed as available for offer.
2. The Council has established that a total of 453 current tenants are affected by the under-occupancy size criteria (bedroom tax). It is important to note however that not all of these tenant's are seeking to downsize only to a one bedroom property.
3. At 26 June 2013, we have 1,924 applicants on our housing list who are waiting for a one bedroom property.