Homelessness Policy - Performance Monitoring & Policy Review
The Council currently monitors its performance in relation to homelessness. Reports on these performance indicators are presented to the Moray Council’s Communities Committee on a quarterly basis.
The Council will monitor:
- Housing Options approaches and outcomes:
- number of new cases in period
- cases closed in period with outcomes
- homeless application made
- chose not to make homeless application
- lost contact
- Homeless assessments completed within 28 days
- Homeless reviews
- number requested in the period
- number completed in the period
- percentage completed in target timescale
- percentage where decision is overturned
- average length of time for review
- Average length of time in temporary or emergency accommodation by type
- LA ordinary dwelling
- HA/RSL ordinary dwelling
- hostel – LA owned
- hostel – RSL
- hostel – other
- bed and breakfast
- women’s refuge
- private sector lease
- Percentage of households requiring temporary or emergency accommodation to whom an offer was made
- Percentage of temporary or emergency accommodation offers refused in the last year by accommodation type
- Of those households homeless in the last 12 months, the percentage satisfied with the quality of temporary or emergency accommodation
- Number and percentage of temporary accommodation units void at the end of period.
These performance indicators will be reported to the Communities Committee. The reports will be public documents but the confidentiality of individual customers’ circumstances will be maintained.
Other statistics will be collected from time to time for management and planning purposes.
Further performance indicators may be developed over a period of time to reflect the requirements resulting from the continued implementation of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 and the Homelessness etc. (Scotland) Act 2003 .
The Council will review the operation of the Homelessness Policy in 2016 or earlier if required by legislative change.
Housing and Property
Emergency Out of Hours