FOI Request - Childcare Provision
(1) How many children in the local authority area are entitled to childcare;
(2) How many children in the local authority area use childcare services provided by the local authority;
(3) How many childcare hours does the local authority provide in total;
(4) How many hours on average do children in the local authority receive (and if this is not equal to answer to 3 divided by number 2, why not); and
(5) How many children in the local authority currently receive more than 600 hours of childcare per year.
(1) There is no entitlement to childcare.
(2) Information not held. Information available from The Scottish Government website at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Children/Pubs-Pre-SchoolEducation
(3) None. The Moray Council does not provide childcare.
(4) Not applicable.
(5) The Moray Council does not provide childcare. The Council does however offer funded pre-school education to a maximum of 475 hours per year (12.5 hours per week). In the 2012/2013 school session, there were a total of 798 children in funded pre-school education within Council nurseries, and a further 1,210 children in partnership centres. Children are eligible for a part-time funded pre-school education place in the term after their 3rd birthday. More information on the funded pre-school education provided by The Moray Council is available on our website at: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_42682.html