FOI Request - Physical Education
(1) How many school playing fields have been sold off by the local authority (each year since 1999)?
(2) How many hours of PE have children received from a qualified PE teacher in a) primary b) secondary schools in the local authority (each year since 1999)?
(3) How many qualified PE teachers have been employed in a) primary b) secondary schools in the local authority (each year since 1999)?
(4) How many sports grants have been given by the local authority (each year since 1999) and how much has this been financially?
(2) The number of hours of PE that children have received from a qualified PE teacher in primary and secondary in Moray is not available. However, surveys of PE took place in 2004/05, 2007/08 and 2010/11. These surveys collected the PE provision within each school.Copies of these surveys are attached for your information.
(3) The number of qualified PE teachers that have been in employed in primary and secondary in Moray is listed below in FTE (full time equivalent). Data prior to 2005 is not available.
Note: increases can be accounted for by NQTs
(4) We do not hold records prior to 2005. Since then funding has been allocated to SportMoray (a local sports council) of between £12,000-£14,500 annually. This money is then distributed by SportMoray to local sports clubs.