FOI Request - Days Lost Due to Sickness
1. What was the total number of days lost for your organisation due to sickness absence over the last 2 years? For guidance and to help expedite the response, I would like to clarify my request. Last 2 years defined as financial years 2011-12 & 2012-13 and may I request, that your reply be broken down to reflect the organisations structure of Directorates, (as I have no idea of your organisations structure) I have used Birmingham Council structure purely as an example (Adults & Communities), (Children, Young People & Families), (Corporate Resources), (Development),(Environment & Culture), (Homes & Neighbourhoods).
2. What is the Total number of employees (headcount broken down in to the organisational structure and also covering the same time period as requested in question 1).
3. What is the FTE (full time equivalent) broken in to the organisational structure and also the same time period as requested in question 1.
Year 2011-12 Year 2012-13
Department Name Working Days Lost to sickness
Department Name Average FTE
4. During the last financial year April 2012 to March 2013 what percentage of your organisations “return to work meetings” are held and documented on:
(A) The day employee returns
(B) The week employee returns but not on first day
(C) RTW interview held outside the week employee returned or not held
RTW meeting Held % of RTW
Day employee returns to work
RTW meeting held in first week but not on day employee returned
RTW interview held outside of first seven days or not held at all
(1) Departments: Chief Executive’s office, Strategic Planning & Governance, Education & Social Care, Environmental Services, Corporate Services
Days lost can be found in response to a previous FOI request here.
(2) This information is readily available and is therefore exempt under Section 25 (1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. The information can be found here - http://www.audit-scotland.gov.uk/performance/council/
(3) This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 (1b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.