FOI Request - Advertising & Sponsorship Schemes
Could you please tell me what type of advertising and sponsorship schemes you have running in the council’s region, ie sites where you generate revenue by allowing companies to sponsor them or other Council departments to advertise events, etc? In particular, I would like to know about any of the following schemes:
Boundary (‘Welcome to’) signs
Council buildings, e.g. leisure centres
Vehicles, e.g. refuse lorries
If you do generate revenue and/or currently allow advertising/sponsorship on any sites that you own, could you also please tell me:
1. How much revenue the Council currently receives, per annum, for each site type (e.g. roundabouts £10K, etc)
2. The name of the supplier or internal department that manages the advertising/sponsorship process.
3. If outsourced to a supplier, whether this was via a tender process.
4. If a tender process was used to find a supplier, when this current contract started and when it will end.
5. If a tender process wasn’t used, when any trial or contract started and when it will end.
6. The contact details of the person who manages the supplier or process for the Council or whom we can contact for further information if no schemes are in place.
Moray Council has recently embarked on a three-year contract with an external company to generate income from such opportunities. The company is SPP Group, Inverness and the contract is managed by me. No income has yet been received as we are at an early stage of the contract, so regrettably most of the information you seek is not yet held. We expect to report on the progress of the contract in early 2014.