FOI Request - Recycling & Waste Contracts
I wish to submit a freedom of information request to the organisation with regards to their current recycling and waste support and maintenance contracts.
Examples of recycling contract you could have:
Green Waste Disposal
Household Waste Recycling Centres
Refuse Recycling Street Cleaning
Recycling Collection Services
Examples of waste management contract you could have:
Waste Development Environmental Assessment
Waste Transfer & MRF (Materials recovery facility)
Waste Disposal Landfill
For each of the types of contract above please can you send me :
1. Contract Type- From the examples given above please state what type of contract this is. Please state other and type of contract if the type of contract is not listed above. In some cases the organisation will have one or two big contracts that is covered in a managed contract please state in the contract description what services the contract provides as well.
2. The supplier of the recycling or waste contract
3. What is the annual average spends for each of the suppliers. For those organisations with new contracts can you please specify the estimated spend?
4. A brief description of what the contract entails. Please to specific to the services provided under these contract(s).
5. What is the contract duration of the each of the contract(s)?
6. What is the start date of each contract(s)?
7. What is the expiry date of each contract(s)?
8. When does the organisation intend to review these contract(s)
9. Who is responsible for reviewing this contract please send me their full name, actual job title, contact number and their direct email address.
Even if the organisation has a managed contract please can you send me all the contract information I have requested including the contact details.
If this contract has just been award within the last six months can you please send me information on the shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
1 - 8. All our household waste and recycling collections are operated in-house, along with our main transfer station at Moycroft, manned and unmanned recycling centres, street cleaning and final disposal operations at our landfill site at Dallachy.
Our green and food waste is disposed of to Keenans Recycling, New Deer, under a 3 year contract started on 1st April 2010, with an option to extend by 12 months. Delivery to Keenans is again in-house.
Our cans, plastics, paper & card all go to SAICA NATUR based in Kirkcaldy, (formally known as Securecycle). Again this is a 3 year contract started on 1st Sept 2010, with an option to extend by 12 months, which we have agreed to. Transportation is within the current contract.
Our mixed glass is transported through a contract with Ballie Bros, Elgin, to Viridor Glass Recycling at Bonnyrigg, Mid-Lothian, with tender review due in 6 months.
9. Craig McIntosh, Waste Disposal Officer, 01343 557043, email@example.com