FOI Request - Public Health Funerals and Contacts
Time frame: Since 1st January 2010.
1. Has the council contacted the coroner when a death occurs within the council and no known next of kin are willing/able/present to provide a funeral? What is the name of the coroner?
2. Has the coroner contacted the council when a death occurs within the council and no known next of kin are willing/able/present to provide a funeral? What is the name of the coroner?
3. What is the name solicitor or law firm used by the council when there is a public health funeral or when relatives of the deceased need to be found? Has the solicitor or law firm's services been used to locate relatives? Does this solicitor have a contract with the council? How many years is this contract fixed for?
4. Has the council ever been listed as an informant on http://www.bonavacantia.gov.uk/output/advertised-estates.aspx under the heading "Click here for the list of new and historic unclaimed estates"
5. How many times and which department has sent details about a deaths, to the Treasury Solicitor, Bona Vacantia, Duchy of Cornwall, Duchy of Lancaster, Ultimus Haeres, QLTR and/or Farrer & Co?
Of the deaths, where there have been no known next of kin or been referred to: Treasury Solicitor, Bona Vacantia Duchy of Cornwall, Duchy of Lancaster, Ultimus Haeres, QLTR and/or Farrer & Co;
What is the:
name of the deceased
date of death
last known address
have the next of kin been found?
Name of solicitors, coroner, council staff or any other person(s) that located the relatives?
6. On what date has the council submitted and information to the Land Registry regarding to any deaths that have occurred? And in relation to which Title Deed Number?
3. When legal advice is required this is obtained from Moray Council's Legal Section.