FOI Request - Photographs in Schools
1. Please confirm the total number of schools in the local education authority area
2. Please confirm whether the local education authority has produced any guidance or policy documents which provide general advice to schools about whether or not parents/family members/carers are permitted to take photographs of children at school events, for example sports days, school plays and concepts?
3. If the local education authority has produced any such guidance or policy documents, is such policy/guidance provided to all schools in the local education authority area?
4. If the local education authority has produced any such guidance or policy documents or advice please provide a copy of such documentation
5. If the local education authority does not produce standard guidance or policy documents to schools in its area please confirm
(a) Whether, during the past two years, it has received any ad hoc requests for advice from schools in its area in relation to parents taking photographs at school/school events, and
(b) if it has received any such requests please confirm the substance of the advice that was provided.
1. 53 schools
2. No Guidance or Policy Documents have been produced in relation to parents/family members/carers taking photographs of children at school events. We do however have a policy relating to the media taking photographs.
5.(a) We do not recall having been asked for advice and we would not hold records of any such requests.