FOI Request - Local Authority Housing
1. How many people are under Council’s Housing waiting list at present ?
Would you please specify the age group, gender and the number of minorities,BME community who are in the council's housing waiting list.
2. Would you please give specify how many people have applied for one bedroom, two bedroom, three bedroom, four bedroom,Five bedroom in year 2012-2013?
3.Please provide number of how many people you have accommodated following the statutory duty under housing act who have been declared themselves as homeless and sissified the homelessness assessment process. Please give number by year starting from January 2012 to December 2013.Please also specify their gender,age group and if possible ethnic identity.
4.Please provide number the people who are in current council waiting list who are homeless.
5.Please share what are the present council policy to address homelessness. And how council is allocating budget for that.
6.Please share the total number of council house and please specify the type of the house and number and area and how many are current empty.
7.Please provide how much council had spent yearly since January 2012 to December 2013,to build new council house/flat.
8.According to the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) all Local Authorities must have a Homelessness Strategy in place What are the homelessness strategy of the Council council.Please share the yearly the yearly of starting from January 2012 to December 2013.
9. Under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) Council has certain responsibilities towards people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. Would you please provide number, age,gender to whom you provided service following the specific law.
10. How long you take to process housing benefit claim. How many housing benefit claim has been process by the council since January 2012 to December 2013. Please provide number of each year.
11. How much council had spent to pay the employee who are working on homeless issues in council.Please give yearly details starting from January 2012 to December 2013.
12. How many people were successfully prosecuted for housing benefit fraud during year 2012 and 2013.
13.Did council appointed any third party to find out or tackle benefit fraud. If yes, Who is the company and how much council has paid them for the service.
Please note that the Housing Legislation referred to within the questions below is English legislation. The legislation that applies in Scotland is the Housing (Scotland) Act 1987 as amended by the 2001 and 2010 Acts and amended by the Homelessness etc. (Scotland) Act 2003 and the answers given are based on The Moray Council’s duties under this legislation.
1. The Moray Council operates three lists: Waiting List, Homeless Priority List and a Transfer List. The figures provided are the total of the lists. As at 03.02.14 there are 3,807 households on the Council’s waiting lists. The breakdown of age, gender and ethnicity can be found here.
2. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise available. Information can be found here.
3. 550 homeless households were housed from 01/01/2012 to 31/12/13. 401 were housed by the Moray Council and 149 were housed through nominations to housing associations. The gender, age and ethnicity can only be provided per financial years and can be found here.
4. As at 31/01/14, 89 households are on our Homeless List.
5. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. Information available here. Budgets in relation to homelessness are set and agreed annually by the Council in February. From 2014/15, budget for homelessness will be funded from General Services.
6. As at 31/01/14 112 properties were void. The information you requested can be found here.
7. 2012/13 New build spend - £7.026M 2013/14 (to end of qtr 3) £6.280M
9. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise available. Information available here.
10. In the last full financial year, new claims were processed in an average of 28.66 days and changes of circumstances were processed in an average of 10.58 days.
The number of new claims processed was 2875 in 2012 and 2751 in 2013. The number of changes of circumstances processed was 17222 in 2012 and 17691 in 2013.
11. The Council sets its budget over financial years which run from 1 April to 31 March. For the time period 2012/13 the cost of staff in terms of delivering homeless services was £1,352,000.
12. 01/04/12 - 31/01/13 6 successful prosecutions
01/04/13 - 31/12/13 1 successful prosecution