FOI Request - Unpaid Council Tax - Councillors
1. The number of occasions from January 1, 2013, till January 31st, 2014 that reminder letters were sent to your authority's councillors for non-payment of council tax.
2. Could you please specify the amount of money owed for each occasion a letter was sent?
3. Could you also specify the political party of the councillor involved where there are enough members of one party to avoid identification? ie. If there are 5 Labour councillors, then specifying that a councillor receiving a letter is Labour does not contravene data protection - where as if there's just one Labour councillor, it obviously would and I wouldn't expect this information to be provided.
4. Where multiple letters have been sent for a single case, could this be made clear.
5. Could you outline how the matter of non-payment was resolved? ie. Paid in full in September 2013, court appearance and settled in October 2013 etc.
1. One First Reminder-Notice.
3. This information is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; Personal Information
4. n/a - see response to question 1.
5. The Reminder-Notice was paid in full within the stated statutory period.