FOI Request - Gypsy Traveller Sites
1. I am seeking details about how many authorised gypsy traveller sites there were within the council area as at May 1 in each of the past 10 years to the current year (2004-2014). How many travellers were on each site?
2. How many authorised sites have been opened within the council boundary in each of the past 10 years? How many were closed?
3. Can you provide details about all proposed future authorised gypsy traveller sites within the council area, including where they will be located, when they should open, and how much the project will cost?
4. How much money has been spent/what has been the total cost on opening new authorised travellers' sites in each of the past 10 years?
5. I seek details about the current total annual costs of running authorised traveller sites, including the breakdown on how the money is spent. For clarification purposes this can be for the most recent 12 months, or financial year.
6. I would like details about the authority's overall total annual spend on dealing with all matters relating to gypsy travellers over the past 10 years. Note, this does not have to be broken down but simply listed as a total annual amount.
7. Can you provide a total amount of money spent by the council on grants or other financial aid to gypsy traveller families over the past 10 years. This can be, for instance, for clothing and footwear for children. I would seek a breakdown of how the money has been spent.
8. Since 2004, how much has the council spent in terms of public relations and marketing materials (such as advertising campaigns, leaflets, posters, pamplets, information booklets, and staffing) to deal with gypsy travellers. Please do include HR staff costs, such as for liaison officers, and I would seek the figure broken down annually.
9. I seek details relating to how many UNAUTHORISED sites or encampments there were within the council area in each of the past 10 years. I would request these broken down annually.
1. The Moray Council had 1 Authorised Gypsies/Travellers in early 2004 with no travellers on the site. This site closed in 2004 following flood alleviation works in the Elgin area. The Moray Council have had no authorised sites in any other year in the past 10 years.
2. The Moray Council did not open any Authorised Sites within the last 10 years by The Moray Council. The Moray Council closed one site in early 2004 for refurbishment. This site was never reopened.
3. The Moray Council has no current proposals to develop Gypsies/Travellers sites.
4. No money has been spent as The Moray Council has not opened any new Authorised Sites within the past 10 years.
5. There are no cost associated as The Moray Council has no Authorised sites.
6. 2008/09 £30,894
The information prior to 2008 is not held. The figures above show from 2008 onwards.
7. Categorising the cultural or ethnic background to the family would not be recorded, therefore this information is not held.
8. The information prior to 2008 is not held. The following shows the figures from 2008 onwards.
9. 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014
44 61 132 106 92 58 71 98 65 62 8