FOI Request - Supporting People Budget
1. What was your Local Authority’s Supporting People budget in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14? What was your LAs budget for providing housing-related support specifically for single homeless people in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
2. How many bed spaces for single homeless people did your LA provide in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
3. How many providers of housing-related support services for single homeless people were there in your LA in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
4. How regularly is the performance of these providers monitored and reviewed?
5. How many housing-related support services for single homeless people opened in your LA in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
6. How many housing-related support services for single homeless people closed in your LA in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
7. How many housing-related support staff were there in your LA in 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 and 2013/14?
1. Please note that the Supporting People’s Budget no longer exists. This used to be a ring-fenced budget but the ring-fencing was removed and the budget put into a central fund. Monies had to then be split and allocated into several budgets to provide support. We are not able to break this budget down to reflect what was spent on single homeless people specifically. The majority of the costs listed below relate to Learning Disability Block contracts, Mental Health Housing Support, Sheltered Housing and Community Support.
|Housing Support Budget||£5,926,362.00||£6,140,357.00||£5,804,174.00||£6,219,474.00|
2. The table below details the number of bedsits and one bedroom temporary accommodation units that were available for single person households over the last four years.
|Singles homeless people||109||110||108||103|
3. There are currently 3 providers of housing related support in Moray:
- The Moray Council Housing Service
- Moray Women’s Aid
4. These contracts are monitored quarterly and reviewed every 3 years. They have all been reviewed within the past year.
5. Although no new housing related services for single people opened during this period, one service was brought in-house during 2010/11, whilst another service was put out to tender in 2011/12 and a new provider installed.
|Support Cases Opened||0||0||0||0|
7. It has only been possible to provide housing-related support staffing levels for 2013/14. The Housing Support Team figure includes 5.5 members of staff that provide people with advice on housing options. The Supported Accommodation figure includes 12 members of staff that provide support services at sheltered accommodation complexes. Please note that the following numbers are based on full-time equivalents working 36 hours 15 minutes per week:
|Housing Support Team||20.00||18.00||18.00||17.00|
|Supported Accommodation Team||9.43||7.94||7.94||7.94|