FOI Request - School Meals Cost and Subsidies
1. I am hoping you can tell me please, for children who do not get free school meals, how much parents are expected to pay per meal and how many courses this covers (eg starter, main and pudding or just one or two of these).
2. Can you tell me how much the council tops this up and how much is paid in total by the council to the catering provider(s) used by the council per meal.
3. Finally, can you tell me how much the catering provider spends on each meal.
Could you please provide an example of the menu on offer to children for their school meal for all schools in the council area on the day of responding to this request.
1. The meal charge is £2.00 for a two course meal - three choices daily - please see the below link for a 6 week menu.
2. Catering is provided in house - the average cost to provide a school meal in Moray in 2013/2014 was £4.15.
3. The average food cost per meal in Moray in 2013/14 was 74p.
4. Please use this link to access an example of the menu on offer to children for their school meal: