FOI Request - Development Plan Documents
As you will be aware, all councils must maintain Development Plan Documents (DPDs), which set out the planning conditions for the town.
1. What is your town's overall DPD? Please give name and an online link so I can access it (preferably in pdf format).
2. Does your DPD contain a specific commitment to food growing, as part of new developments and/or redevelopments?
3. If your current DPD does not contain such a commitment, do you intend to introduce one in your next DPD?
1. The Moray Structure Plan 2007 and the Moray Local Plan 2008. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. The information can be found here. These Plans are currently under review and will be replaced next year with the new Local Development Plan 2015.
2. The existing Plans do not contain a specific commitment to food growing. However, the new Local Development Plan policy on Open Spaces requires larger residential development sites to include room for allotments and the policy also supports provision of allotments in existing open spaces where this is supported by the Council.
3. see above.