FOI Request - Cars Owned By Council
1. The car of the highest value owned by the council.
2. A list of cars owned by the council.
3. A list of cars rented/hired or leased by the council for the years 2012/2013/2014.
4. The total costs of renting/hiring/leasing cars with a breakdown for each.
5. The amount paid for each car owned by the council.
1. Vauxhall Ampera
2. Total number of cars owned by Moray Council is 78.
Vauxhall Corsa 1.3cdti eco 5 door - 70
Smart Fortwo Coupe - 5
Peugeot Ion Electric - 1
Vauxhall Ampera - 2
3. Cars are spot hired for staff travelling out with the Moray area through the Scotland Excel vehicle hire framework. No records are kept of the actual car spot hired but our records show that the number of cars hired over the period requested was 3,576.
4. The total cost of hiring cars over the period requested is £275,101
5. The information you requested is currently commercially sensitive and is therefore exempt under Section 33(1)(b), as prices for individual vehicles are negotiated with the contracted supplier with the objective of securing the best possible deal for the council. These figures will be available once the contract concludes. We have provided the total amount spent on vehicle acquisition in the hope that this will meet your needs.
Total cost of cars only purchased by Moray Council in Calendar years:
• 2012 – £28,497
• 2013 - nil
• 2014 - £8,857