FOI Request - Unpresented Business Rates Refund Cheques
This request is made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and further to a decision of the Information Tribunal in England and the London Borough of Bexley v Information Commissioner 2007.
In accordance with the above, I hereby request a list of current unpresented business rates refund cheques that meet the following criteria:
• Refund cheques that remain unpresented 3 months after date of issue.
• Refund cheques that are out of date.
I would request that the list contains the following information:
• Ratepayer name (Information is only requested where the ratepayer is a company and not an
individual as I appreciate this is limited by the Data Protection Acts).
• Address of property concerned (if known).
• The date the refund cheque was issued.
• Amount of the refund.
The Moray Council does not maintain a record of refund cheques which remain unpresented 3 months after their issue therefore this information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information not held.
The Moray Council has one business rates refund cheque which is out of date.
Ratepayer name: Tomintoul Clay Pigeon Club
Address of property concerned: Stores, Tomintoul, Ballindalloch, AB37 9HN
The date the refund cheque was issued: 24/10/2013;
Amount of the refund: £21.98.