FOI Request - Violence At Work
I would, therefore, request the following information:
1. What is the total number of assaults on your employees during the past year? (I am not so much concerned by whether the period is the last calendar year, financial year or other dates, as long as it is the last 12 month period for which you hold figures.)
2. Please provide a breakdown of the nature of the assault, e.g. verbal, physical, threatening behaviour.
3. Please provide a breakdown of the category of worker involved, e.g. social care worker, parking attendant, teaching or non-teaching staff.
4. Please give figures for assaults on non-teaching staff in schools.
5. Please give figures for assaults on housing staff.
6. Please indicate if you have or are considering introducing any special measures to assess the risk to housing staff and to protect them from potential assaults.
7. Please break down social care staff as outlined above, if available.
This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. The information can be found here under Item 14.