FOI Request - Residential Family Assessment
1) Does your organisation use residential family assessment units to assess families on Child Protection Plans?
2) If your organisation does use residential family assessment units, please state which ones.
3) If your organisation does not use family assessment units, please state why.
4) Does your organisation have a specific contract with a specific provider who carries out residential family assessments on your behalf? If so, which one?
5) In any given financial year, how often do you make use of residential family assessment units?
6) On average, how much money is your organisation willing to spend on funding a 12 week placement for a single mother and her newborn baby?
7) Who, within your service, is responsible for commissioning such a service? (Please include relevant contact details).
8) Would your organisation be willing to commission a new company to carry out residential family assessments for you?
1) Yes when assessed appropriate to do so
2) VSA Richmondhill, Aberdeen
3) When assessed appropriate to do so
4) No specific contract
5) Numbers vary from 0 up to 4/5 placements
6) Willing – the sum we pay is in the region of @£1500 per week
7) Jennifer Gordon , Corporate Parenting and Commissioning manager – 01343 563553
8) There are a number of issues to consider not least location