FOI Request - Domestic Abuse Services
I am writing to you from the NSPCC where we are currently undertaking some work on domestic violence and the impact this has on children.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information act, please provide answers to the following questions:
1. What is the annual spending on services specifically for people (adults and children) exposed to domestic abuse in Moray Council? Please supply for the following time periods: April 2011 – March 2012, April 2012 – March 2013, April 2013 – March 2014.
This should include, for example, spending on victim support, refuge provision, perpetrator programmes and services for children. The figures should not include spending on primary prevention or universal education programmes.
April 2011- March 2012 April 2012- March 2013 April 2013-March 2014
on services specifically
for people exposed
to domestic abuse £ £ £
2. How much of this spending was for services specifically directed at children exposed to domestic abuse through intimate partner violence between their parents or other significant adults in their lives.
“Services directed at children” means domestic abuse services where children are identified the primary beneficiary. This could be a service that is delivered directly to a child, a ‘linked’ service delivered to the child and a parent, or a service that is delivered to a parent with the explicit goal of improving outcomes for the child.
The figures should not include spending on any primary prevention programmes, universal education programmes or services which specifically respond to domestic abuse in young people’s own relationships.
April 2011-March 2012 April 2012-March 2013 April 2013- March 2014
on services directed at
children exposed to
domestic abuse through
IPV between their
patents or other significant
adults in their lives. £ £ £
3. Following on from question 2, please provide a list of the services delivered in Moray which are directed at children exposed to domestic abuse through intimate partner violence between their parents or other significant adults in their life. Please provide a brief description of each service, including information on eligibility criteria. In particular, please state whether the service is available to children who are experiencing domestic abuse at the time of the intervention or whether it is a post-abuse recovery service. Please supply this information for the following time periods: April 2011-March 2012; April-2012-March 2013; April 2013-March 2014.
4. How many children have been recipients of services for children who have been exposed to domestic abuse in Moray Council? Please supply for the following time periods: April 2011 – March 2012, April 2012 – March 2013, April 2013 – March 2014.
1. The information requested can be found here.
2. This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
3. There are a number of services which will include victims of domestic violence among those they support. We have no services which are directed at child victims of domestic violence exclusively.
4. We do not record figures in a way which would enable the production of this figure, therefore this information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Please also note Domestic Abuse Partnership have no budget, cost for Police Scotland Abuse Worker absorbed by Police Scotland. Further to this Adult Services Adult protection unit do not deal with Domestic Abuse cases as described above. We deal with adult only who are at risk of harm and are disabled.