FOI Request - Community Care Contributions
I would like to know the relevant information from the past three financial years: 2011-212, 2012-13, 2013.
I am writing to you in order to request some recorded information which I believe you hold under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 20012 (FOISA). I understand that you have 20 working days to respond to my request.
There has been some research carried out by (COSLA Guidance on Charging for LA, 2012-2013) which indicates that community care charges contribute 3% (= approx. £42.6m) of the cost of social care in Scotland. This request relates to that research (http://www.scotlandagainstthecaretax.org/index.php/the-issues). I would like to request the following information for the past three financial years: 2011-212, 2012-13, 2013-14 :
• What services do your Local Authority charge for community care contributions
• What is the total cost of providing community care service that are subject to community care contributions
• What is the total your local Authority spends on community social care
• What is the cumulative revenue your Local Authority receives from community care contributions
• What are the cumulative charges your Local Authority charges for community care
I would like to clarify that Community Care refers to both Adults and older people (over the age of 65). Can you please provide me a list of services where clients may be pay for either all or a percentage of the costs. Community social care services include:
Home Care Hours,
Meals at home;
Meals at day centres;
Very sheltered housing;
Sheltered Housing Cottages
Attendance at Day Centres;
Transport to services;
24 hour care;
(Not all definitions may be valid in your council area, please provide suitable alternative if so).
To define cumulative charges, this is the total the local authority charges for all community social care.
The information you requested can be found here.