FOI Request - Maintenance on Seaview Road Findochty
1. Has the footway/roadway been adopted for maintenance by the local authority, and was it so adopted on 27 March 2014.
2. Inspection/maintenance records for 12 months prior to the accident to date.
3. Any records of accidents from 27 March 2014.
4. Please let us have records of complaints about the state of the road/footpath at the accident locus for a 12 month period prior to the accident.
5. Please provide your statement of the Roads Authority's policy under Code of Practice for Delivering Best Value in Highway Maintenance 2001 and/or Well Maintained Highways Code of Practice 2005 or alternatively records of the Minutes of Highway Authority or Local Authority meetings where maintenance or repair policy have been discussed or decided.
6. In terms of the local authority policy, what is the frequency of inspection for the accident locus, and how is the inspection to be carried out?
7. In terms of the local authority policy, what kind of road/footway defects are considered to be hazardous?
1. Both the carriageway and footway on Seaview Road, Findochty are adopted. I can confirm that they were on Moray Council’s List of Public Roads prior to 27th March 2014.
2. The inspection dates for the 12 months prior to 27th March are:- 19/02/14, 05/11/13, 15/08/13 and 22/05/13. No road maintenance works were carried out on Seaview Road, Findochty in the 12 months prior to 27th March 2014.
3. We have only received 1 enquiry regarding Seaview Road, Findochty since 27th March 2014. This was from a member of the public who phoned on 1st April 2014 to report a footway defect which was alleged to have caused a family member to fall and sustain injury.
4. We did not receive any complaints regarding the state of the carriageway or footpath on Seaview Road, Findochty in the 12 months prior to 27th March 2014.
5. Our Road Asset Management Plan (RAMP) is already available on our website (http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_79238.html) and Council Minutes are also on our website (http://www.moray.gov.uk/minutes/).
6. The carriageway and footway on Seaview Road are inspected every 3 months. Urban safety inspections are walked by a Road Inspector.
7. This information is already available within the ‘Footway Lifecycle Plan’ part of our RAMP (see link in response to question 5).