FOI Request - Direct Payment/Self-Directed Support Services
I would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 for information pertaining to your Direct Payment/Self-directed Support services.
Specifically, please could you provide the following information, preferably in an electronic format:
1. Who currently provides your Direct Payment/Self-Directed Support Payroll services?
2. How much do you pay per Service User/Supported Person per annum for these services?
3. Do you have a contract for these payroll services? If so when is this due for renewal/re-tender?
4. What is the current contract value per annum?
5. Do you have a framework contract in place for these services?
6. How many Service Users/Supported Persons use these payroll services?
7. How much do you give Service Users/Supported Persons per hour who choose to employ their own Personal Assistant?
8. How many Service Users/Supported Persons in your Local Authority area receive Direct Payments/Self-Directed Support?
9. Who currently provides your Direct Payment/Self-Directed Support Managed Account and/or individual Service Fund Management Services?
10. How much do you pay per Service User/Supported Person per annum for these services?
11. Do you have a contract for these services? If so when is this due for renewal/re-tender?
12. What is the current contract value per annum?
13. Do you have a framework contract in place for these services?
14. How many Service Users/Supported Persons use these fund management services?
15. Do you use a pre-paid card provider to assist in managing social care funding? If so who is your provider?
16. What is the current cost per annum of these pre-paid card services?
17. How many Service Users/Supported Persons use a pre-paid card?
18. If you do not use prepaid card services, is this an option the Council are considering in the future?
1. The council has an approved payroll provider list and our direct payment recipients who choose to employ their own PA’s would choose one of the 5 approved payroll providers.
2. We include £7.50 per week (£390) per annum for the service directly to the service user.
3. No contract- an approved framework.
4. No specific sum.
5. Yes, we have an approved list which runs from 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2015.
6. In total there are 86 service users who use the payroll service, of which 76 access support through adult services, and 10 service users from Children’s and Families.
7. We have two PA rates, the basic rate has a unit cost of £9.72 per hour and an enhanced rate of £12.49 (these are the unit costs and not the hourly rate to the PA).
8. There are currently a total of 171 service users in receipt of a Direct Payment, 146 receiving support from adult services and 25 service users supported through Children’s and Families
9. These Qs from here onwards mix issues – we have answered as best we can. The DP managed account is provided by our payroll services under option 1 and the answers above apply to this. As an authority we are still in the early stages of developing ISF’s and this is under option 2.
10. As per the answer to question 2 & 9, DP managed accounts are offered through our payroll services under SDS option 1 and we do not have any option 2 ISF providers at present.
11. As per the answer in question 3 in relation to DP and no for ISF option 2
12. As per the answer in question 4 in relation to DP and no for ISF option 2
13. As per the answer in question 5 in relation to DP and no for ISF option 2
14. We have a managed account option for DP option 1 through our payroll service and all DP recipients in C & F who employ their own PA use a payroll managed account under option 1. We have no ISF provider services.
18. All subject to review