FOI Request - Budget Savings, Redundancy & Redeployment
1. What budgetary savings have been made over the past 3 years within the organisation and how much of this is related to resourcing? i.e. operational efficiencies: management/staff reductions and voluntary severance?
2. What are the proposed budgetary savings for the next 3 years within the organisation and how much of this is related to resourcing? i.e. operational efficiencies: management/staff reductions and voluntary severance?
3. What is the current political administration make up within the Council?
4. What (if any) shared services/ outsourcing does the organisation have?
5. What is the employee turnover for the organisation? If statistics could be provided for this since 2012 I would be very grateful.
6. Can a copy of the Councils Redeployment and Redundancy Policies/Procedures/Resource Packs please be sent to me in your response? Can you also confirm what current practice is for the organisation in relation to Redundancy and Redeployment for employee’s entitlement when they are on a temporary or fixed term contract?
7. What is the organisations current practice if an employee refuses to consider a suitable alternative position if at risk of Redundancy or Redeployment?
8. Can statistics be provided on the number of employees that have taken voluntary severance since 2012?
9. What succession planning/workforce planning models are currently used within the Council and what (if anything) is being considered for future implementation?
1. 2011/12 £10 million of which £2 million relates to staffing
2012/13 £1.7 million, of which £300,000 relates to staffing
2013/14 £5.4 million of which £1.6 million relates to staffing
2. 2014/15 £5 million of which £1.3 million relates to staffing
2015/16 £1.3 million of which £200,000 relates to staffing
2016/17 £8.8 million – source yet to be identified
3. The political make up within the Council can be found here: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_1244.html
4. The Council has no services that are outsourced.
The following services are shared with other organisations – Mortuary, Archaeology, Public Analyst, Planning Gain, Archive, Community Alarm, Common Housing Register
5. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act, as otherwise accessible, it can be found here http://www.moray.gov.uk/minutes/data/PR20140415/Item%209%20-%20Appendix%20D.pdf
6. (i) Change Management Policy
(ii) If an employee is on a temporary or fixed term contract then the contract would run its course and the employee would be given the necessary notice of the contract ceasing.
7. An employee may jeopardise access to a redundancy payment if they “decline a job offer that is deemed reasonable based on the Transform assessment and interview process”.
9. The Council does not have a formal Succession Planning policy and vacancies are advertised in accordance with approved Recruitment Procedures. With regards to workforce profiling we have a template which is completed for all departments re key workforce planning areas such as Absence, Turnover and Recruitment. Issues are then fed into the Corporate Workforce Plan.