FOI Request - Flood Risk Assessments and Planning
I would like to make a Freedom of Information request regarding the area of flood risk assessments and planning. Currently a FRA has to be submitted along with a planning application depending on the location, size and type of
In a Memorandum of Understanding between SEPA and COSLA (Policy 41) the requirements are set out. The Technical Guidance for Flood Risk Assessments makes reference to the addition of a climate change allowance (20%).
My questions are as follows:
1) Does the planning team/Flood Prevention Officer as a matter of routine apply the climate change allowance (20%) when determining the 1/200 flood design level?
2) Does the Council impose an additional 600mm freeboard to the Finished Floor Level in addition to an allowance for climate change (20%)?
3) Does the council ensure that there is safe dry access for all pedestrians (including those with protected characteristics) by ensuring that the access/egress is out with the 1/200 flood design level?
4) Is the 1/200 flood design level for the access road include the climate change allowance?
5) If the council does not routinely apply such a policy, does the council ensure that there is safe dry access for all pedestrians (including those with protected characteristics) by ensuring that land raising or a freeboard allowance is applied if the access/egress is within the 1/200 flood design level so that safe access/egress to and from the development will be possible during the appropriate design flood event?
2) Freeboard is always required although 600mm is not prescribed
3) Yes in accordance with Scottish Planning Policy Risk Framework
4) Yes in accordance with Scottish Planning Policy Risk Framework
5) Policy applied