FOI Request - Occupational Therapy & Self Management
1) Please state how many Occupational Therapists are employed in your local authority?
i) If Occupational Therapists are employed in your local authority, where do they work (e.g. schools, community) and what is their client group?
2) How does your local authority categorise cerebral palsy?
3) Please state how many adults/adolescents there are in your local authority with cerebral palsy aged:
4) How do you ensure that current resources in your local authority meet the needs of adults with cerebral palsy?
5) Please list the overall expenditure in each of the last 3 financial years in your local authority to support adults with cerebral palsy
6) Please supply any agreed referral processes for Occupational Therapy in your local authority for adults with cerebral palsy
7) Please confirm or deny that your local authority has made an assessment of the average waiting time for a follow-up appointment for Occupational Therapy for adults with cerebral palsy (NB. Please note, if this information cannot be provided for adults with cerebral palsy, please provide the average waiting time for a follow-up appointment for Occupational Therapy for adults in general)
8) Please confirm or deny that Occupational Therapists in your local authority are provided with quality information and training opportunities to help with care provision for individuals with cerebral palsy i) If confirmed, please supply details
9) Please confirm or deny that your local authority provides information to support self-management for adults with cerebral palsy
1. We employ 8.95 full time equivalent Occupational Therapists.
2. OTs employed by the Local Authority are community based and work with all client groups although, as the focus is on aids and adaptations, this is mainly older people and those with a physical disability.
4. This is done on an individual basis.
5. Please note that these are approximate figures:
2011/12 - £835k
2012/13 - £841k
2013/14 - £1,109k
6. Nothing specific.
7. We deny that we have made an assessment of the average waiting time for a follow up appointment for OT for adults with cerebral palsy or for adults in general.
8. We do not have information or training relating specifically to cerebral palsy.
9. We do not have information relating specifically to cerebral palsy.