FOI Request - Residents of Children's Care Homes
I am writing under the Freedom of Information Act to ask for the following information in relation to your authority or defunct authorities for which you have taken over responsibility:
1) Since 1st April 2009 how many payments, if any, have been made to former, and current, residents of children’s care homes who have alleged physical or sexual abuse at the hands of staff, or adult visitors, to settle any claims? Could you break this down by financial years if possible?
2) How much in total have these payments amounted to?
3) How much have these claims amounted to on a financial year by financial year basis since 1st April 2009?
4) What is the total number of alleged victims since 1st April 2009 who have had payments made to them? Could you again break this down by financial year if possible?
5) How many care homes do these claims relate to?
6) Can you provide the names of any care homes these claims relate to?
This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 as Moray Council does not own or run any residential homes