FOI Request - Teacher Vacancies Primary & Secondary Schools
1. How many teacher vacancies are there currently in your local authority? Could I have this information for both primary and secondary schools please? For secondary schools, is it possible to advise how many of these vacancies are for maths, science, technology and English teachers separately.
2. How many supply teachers are there in your local authority? Do you have any vacancies for supply teachers? Could you please advise whether you have a shortage of supply teachers? Could I have this information for both primary and secondary schools please?
3. Have there been any cases in your local authority where schools have had to cancel lessons or full school days because of a lack of teachers? If so, how many cases have there been in this current school year? Could I please have this information for the last 5 years?
4. How many teachers in your local authority are currently off on long term sickness? Could you advise how many of these are off with stress or stress related illnesses? Could I please have this information for the last 5 years?
5. What is your current sickness rate?
6. How many teachers in the last academic year have taken early retirement due to ill health? Could I please have these figures for the last 5 years?
7. How much is your local authority budget for schools? Could I please have these figures for the last 5 years?
8. How much is your local authority capital budget for schools? Could I please have these figures for the last 5 years?
1. Primary – 12 posts currently advertised
Secondary – 4 posts currently advertised 2 of which are Maths
Support for Learning – 2 posts currently advertised
2. Primary – 125 Secondary - 104
We continually advertise for supply teacher on the Moray Council website.
We currently have a shortage of supply teachers for both secondary and primary schools.
3. This has only happened twice in session 2014/15 and not in any of the 5 years before.
4. 8, 4 with stress or stress related illnesses.
The information you requested can be found here.
5. 3.55% (Based on the workforce profiling data for the period 1 April to 30 September 2014)
6. 2 in last academic year 2013/2014
7 & 8 The information you requested can be found here.
The capital figures are actuals for the 4 years 2010-11 to 2013-14 and not budget expenditure. 2014-15 shows budget figures.
Using budget figures for the 4 preceding years would provide an overestimate of capital education spend as capital budgets from slippage/delayed projects are carried forward from year to year.