FOI Request - ICT Contracts Server & Maintenance
I would like to submit a Freedom of Information Request relating to specific ICT contract(s) for Server Hardware Maintenance, Server Virtualisation License and Maintenance and Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support which may include:
• Server Hardware Maintenance- contract relating to the support and maintenance of the’s organisations servers.
• Virtualisation Licensing (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)-
• Virtualisation Maintenance/Support (VMware, Solaris, Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
• Storage Area Network Maintenance/Support (EMC, NetApp etc)
For each of the types of server ICT contracts above can you please send me the following data types:
1. Contract Title:
2. Contract Type: Please input one the type of contract from above e.g. Hardware Maintenance, Virtualisation Licensing, Virtualisation Maintenance/Support, Storage Area Network Maintenance
3. Existing/Current Supplier:
4. Hardware Brand: Please state the hardware or software brand related to the contract with supplier e.g. Hardware Maintenance could be Dell, IBM etc
5. Operating System / Software(Platform): (Windows, Linux, Unix, VMWare etc.) the brand name relating to the contract.
6. Annual Average Spend: (For the whole duration of the contract, if the total value sent is per annum please state this in the response)
7. Contract Duration: (Please can you also include notes if the contract includes any contract extension periods.)
8. Contract Expiry Date:
9. Contract Review Date: (An approximate date of when the organisation is planning to review this particular contract.)
10. Brief Contract Description: I require a brief description of the service provided under this contract.
11. Internal Contact: (The person from within the organisation that is responsible for reviewing and renewing this particular contract. Please include there full name, job title, direct contact number and direct email address.)
If there is more than one supplier for these contract can you please split the contract individually for each supplier. So the information above which I am requesting is for each supplier.
If this service is part of a managed contract please can you send me the contract information for this managed service including Hardware Brand, Number of Users, Operating System, and contact details of the internal contact responsible for this contract.
Maintenance Agreement Details
|Hardware Type||Make||Provider||Period||Renewal Date||Cost||Service Level|
|Unix Servers||Sun/Oracle||SCC||Annual||Jun 2015||£12,300||24x7 with next business day on site|
|Storage / Tape Library (Windows Environment)||Dell||Dell||5 years||Mar 2016||N/A||24x7 with 4 hour response|
|Virtualisation Maintenance and Support||VMware||Taupo||Annual||Nov 2015||£8600||N/A|
1. The maintenance costs for the Unix storage and tape library are included in the overall cost for the Unix server maintenance.
2. There is no maintenance contract for Windows servers as this is included as part of the purchase price based on the expected life of the server.
3. The maintenance costs for the Windows Storage / tape Library are included in the purchase cost of the SAN.
4. There is no contract for virtualisation licensing.
5. Internal Contacts – ICT Infrastructure Manager, ICT Applications Manager