Funded Early Learning & Childcare for Eligible 2 year olds
Your child may be entitled to a funded early learning and childcare place if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Any income-related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit, with an income of less than £18,725
- Both Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with income of up to £8,717
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £726
Additionally, the free early learning and childcare is available for 2 year olds who are, or have been at any point since their second birthday:
- Looked after
- Under a kinship care order
- Under a guardianship order
Once the child becomes eligible and takes up their place, they stay entitled to a place even if their parent's circumstances change (for example, if they no longer receive one of the qualifying benefits).
A funded place offers up to 1140 hours of early learning and education per academic year (August to July). The quantity of sessions available may vary between providers.
Early learning and childcare is not statutory, and it is for parents to decide whether they want their child to participate. As early learning and childcare is not statutory, Moray Council has no transport provision available.
Who provides early learning and childcare?
If you are eligible for 2 year old early learning and childcare, a list of participating childminders is available on the reverse of your letter of confirmation along with a link to nursery providers.
The table below confirms eligibility for the school session August 2023 to July 2024:
|A child whose date of birth is between:||Will be eligible for a funded place from:|
|1 March 2021 and 31 August 2021||15 August 2023|
|1 September 2021 and 31 December 2021||8 January 2024|
|1 January 2022 and 28 February 2022||15 April 2024|
Registration forms are available to print using the link below, or please contact the early learning & childcare team if you would like a form posted to you.
Tel: 01343 563374