FOI Request - Waste and Recycle Contracts
I wish to submit a freedom of information request to the organisation with regards to their current recycling and waste support and maintenance contracts.
Examples of recycling contracts you could have:
• Green Waste Disposal
• Household Waste Recycling Centres
• Refuse Recycling Street Cleaning
• Recycling Collection Services
Examples of waste management contracts you could have:
• Waste Development Environmental Assessment
• Waste Transfer & MRF (Materials recovery facility)
• Waste Disposal Landfill
• Bulky Waste
For each of the types of contract above please can you send me :
1. Contract Type- From the examples given above please state what type of contract this is. Please state other and type of contract if the type of contract is not listed above. In some cases the organisation will have one or two big contracts that is covered in a managed contract please state in the contract description what services the contract provides as well.
2. The supplier of the recycling or waste contract
3. What is the annual average spends for each of the suppliers. For those organisations with new contracts can you please specify the estimated spend?
4. A brief description of what the contract entails. Please to specific to the services provided under these contract(s). Please provide me with a few sentences.
5. What is the contract duration of the each of the contract(s)?
6. What is the start date of each contract(s)?
7. What is the expiry date of each contract(s)?
8. When does the organisation intend to review these contract(s)
9. Who is responsible for reviewing this contract please send me their full name, actual job title, contact number and their direct email address.
Even if the organisation has a managed contract please can you send me all the contract information I have requested including the contact details. If this contract has just been award within the last six months can you please send me information on the shortlist of suppliers that bid on the contract?
Household waste/recycling collection, bulky waste collection, street cleaning, landfill and waste transfer and Materials Recycling Facilities (MRF) are all in-house operations.
Green and Food Waste Treatment: Contract start date = 1 March 2015. Duration = 4yrs. Extension option = 1 yr. Contractor = Keenan Recycling Annual Tonnage Circa 12,000T. Annual spend = £500k
Currently operating on local agreements and contract extensions pending assessment of procurement options in house or through Scotland Excel Framework. Target for completion and contract commencement by 1st September 2015, procurement planning is underway and any contract opportunity will be advertised through the Public Contracts Scotland - Tender on-line portal. Current contractors = Mixed paper, OCC & mixed plastic bottles to Saica Natur, Kirkaldy. Steel cans to J. Gordon Williamson, Elgin. Aluminium cans to Novelis vie ACE, Stirling, Mixed glass to MKD32 Ltd shipped to Leith Docks.
Mixed Paper 5000 tonnes p.a.
OCC, 1500 tonnes p.a.
Mixed Plastic Bottles, 900 tonnes p.a.
Steel Cans, 400 tonnes p.a.
Elgin Aluminium cans, 100 tonnes p.a.
Mixed Glass, 2800 tonnes p.a.
All the above have a net income to the Council
Waste Support and Maintenance contracts:
Landfill Civil Engineering and Environmental consultancy services:
Contractor is AECOM, Contract Duration = continuous until Landfill closed.
Annual spend = project dependent 2015/16 = £130k (landfill restoration phase)
The contract start date was 19 May 2005 for Phase 5 and all future phases. The expiry date will tie in with the cessation of landfilling waste on site likely to be 2021. The contract due to its nature is under continual review each time a new cell is built.
Bird control (landfill and ancillary facilities) provided by Angus Falconry Services Ltd. Commencement date 04/08/14 for a 4 year period.
Average annual spend = £32k
Landfill leachate disposal:
Contractor is Clearwater Ltd. Commencement Date 01/07/14 for a 4 year period. Annual spend circa £220k (variable on operational conditions).