A credit union is a profit sharing, democratically run financial co-operative which offers convenient savings and low interest loans to its members. The council may offer support to local credit unions by providing advice and information to help them get started and manage their affairs in a legal and efficient way.
Our local Credit Unions are:
Grampian Credit Union Ltd
224 – 226 Holburn Street, Aberdeen, AB10 6DB
Tel: 01224 576990
Available for anyone living or working in the Moray Council area.
- Safe, accessible savings and fair, affordable loans. Current Accounts for all daily banking
- Member owned independent financial co-operative, established in 1993
- Savings accounts – Adult, Junior and Christmas savings
- Loans from £200 to £15,000 – payments to suit income and affordability
- Current Account offering full banking facilities, cash withdrawals and debit payments
- Insurance and family protection products through CUNA Mutual Group.
Full details of our services and membership forms available from our website.
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm reference number 213701.
Protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Moray Firth Credit Union Ltd
53 High Street, Forres, IV36 1PB
Tel: 01309 676735
Moray Firth Credit Union has a Workplace Savings facility for Members who work for Moray Council and want to save via their wages or salaries on payday Please contact the main Forres office for more information.
Inverness Credit Union Ltd
74, Telford Street, Inverness, IV3 5LS
Tel: 01463 220884
For more information about Credit Unions go to the Scottish League of Credit Unions (www.scottishcu.org/)