Lord-Lieutenant of Banffshire
Chief Executive's Office
The Moray Council, Council Offices, High Street, Elgin, Moray
8.45am-5.00pm Monday to Friday
The Lord-Lieutenant of Banffshire is Andrew Simpson who was appointed Her Majesty's representative in Banffshire in 2019. The Clerk to the Lieutenancy is the Chief Executive of Moray Council.
The duties of Lord-Lieutenants include:
- Co-ordinating visits by members of the Royal Family to the Counties
- Co-ordinating nominations to the Royal Garden Parties. Nominations are provided by the Depute Lieutenants of Moray and the Moray Council and cover people from all walks of life, particularly those who carry out public or voluntary work .
- The presentation of medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty.
- Arranging for representatives to be present at War Memorials on Remembrance Sunday.
- Diamond Weddings and 100th Birthdays
- Liaison with the Services i.e. Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force
For more information, click on the link below to access the Lord-Lieutenant of Banffshire's website.