Lord-Lieutenant of Banffshire
The Clerk to the Lord-Lieutenant
Ballindalloch Castle, Banffshire
8.45am-5.00pm Monday to Friday
The Lord-Lieutenant of Banffshire is Mrs Clare Russell who was appointed as Her Majesty's representative in Banffshire in 2002.
The duties of Lord-Lieutenants include:
- Co-ordinating visits by members of the Royal Family to the Counties
- Co-ordinating nominations to the Royal Garden Parties. Nominations are provided by the Depute Lieutenants of Moray and the Moray Council and cover people from all walks of life, particularly those who carry out public or voluntary work .
- The presentation of medals and awards on behalf of Her Majesty.
- Arranging for representatives to be present at War Memorials on Remembrance Sunday.
- Diamond Weddings and 100th Birthdays
- Liaison with the Services i.e. Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force